But first, let’s talk lunchboxes and accessories.
I think we’ve tried them every container and system so I’ll give you a sampling of what we like and why.
1. Fit and Fresh On the Go *Favorite! We’ve used this system for two years very happily. The lids and container sizes work perfectly for us. We found cute Fit and Fresh Lunch Bags a TJ Maxx. Also, it’s nice to have extra containers like these.
TIP: Consider your child’s age and appetite. We’ve had to dump many lunch boxes and containers because as my kids grew, they needed more packing room.
2. Planet Box I spent a LOT of money on this (gulp) because my daughter really, really wanted it. Several of her friends have one. The only problem is that she eats more than she can fit into this container. It recommend it for younger kids with smaller portions.
TIP: plastic that is unsafe for food is #3, #6, #7, and BPA
4. Kids Konserve *Favorite We like Kids Konserve the best for the rubber lids. The’re easy to get on and off and don’t leak.
I also recommended: Lunch BLOX Similar to the Fit and Fresh system but without the ice pack and outer box.
Easy Lunchboxes These work well for young children but are too small for my hearty eaters.
LunchBots These are only good for dry foods — and if you’re like me and leave them in the sink too long, watch out for rust. Not our favorite.
Reusable Snack Bags
6. Lunchskins *Favorite These are our go-to bags.
5. Itzy Ritzy You’ll love that Itzy Ritzy offers a large variety of colors and patterns.
3. Klean Kanteen Stainless Steel Bottle These are great except in hot weather — they do get hot!
7. Camelbak Water Bottle *Favorite These last forever and don’t leak — until the valve needs replacing which you can order.