Something big is happening in my life.
I’m am fully embracing my leadership in all areas of my life – as a parent, with you here, and as a teacher.
You see, I didn’t before. Not really. I always held back.
After years of therapy, introspection, and mucking around the gunk, I came to understand that if I didn’t end a significant relationship in my life (not my husband), I would continue to believe that I wasn’t good enough, and that I wasn’t capable.
The truth is I am capable.
The truth is I couldn’t cope with the constant criticism in my life. The truth of my potential seemed hard to believe. And frankly, there’s only so much anxiety medication one can take – I think I’ve maxed that option out already.
So, I choose myself and ended the relationship.
In doing so, I choose a healthy legacy for my girls.
And I choose freedom.
(Can I just tell you that with freedom comes joy?!)
I’ve been transformed.
I am stepping into the beauty of my full self.
Once I started doing my own inner work, I realized that dealing with my inner life was the first step in raising my children, children with character, leadership, and integrity.
And, I just don’t do toxic any more. Adios. Toxic relationships no longer serve me.
My a-ha: Good parenting starts with my own self-awareness and growth.
I want that for you, too. Do the hard, mucky work and be your best self.
YOU matter. You are worth it.
Do Something Today
Then commit to reading something to help yourself reflect and grow. Today.
Fabulicious Blogs for Life Changing Confidence
– Karen Salmansohn (love her FB page!)
– Alexandra Franzen
– 365 Grateful
– Awesomely Awake: Happy Parents, Happy Kids
– Kind Over Matter
– When I Grow Up
Heart-brilliant Printable Downloads
Books with Gems of Inspiring Wisdom for Life, Health, and Work
– The Fire Starter Sessions by Danielle Laporte
– The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown (also read Daring Greatly and Rising Strong!!)
– Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain
– Will I Ever Be Good Enough? By Karly McBride, Ph.D.
– Why I Wake Early by Mary Oliver (there’s something about poetry that is soul-nourishing for me!)
– Carry On Warrior: The Power of Embracing Your Beautiful, Messy Life by Glennon Doyle Melton
– Goddesses Never Age by Christiane Northrup, M.D.
I’m totally honored that you’re here with me.
Choose your own ending to this invitation.
What are you going to do? Comment here.