Welcome to Imagination Soup. My goal is to help you make learning fun, active, and engaging for kids. This is a place where parents and teachers can find great books as well as learning ideas, resources, and community. My goal is to make your life easier. Let me know how else I can help!
As a mom of two and former teacher, I understand how busy you are. You probably don’t have time to read all the books and study all the latest learning products. That’s why I’m here. I can help! (Read more about my background here.)
If you haven’t yet, I invite you to download my book lists for kids that hook them on reading!
Here are Some Popular Posts . . .
You might want to check out these popular posts:
- If you like Harry Potter, You’ll Like These Books
- Best Easy Reader Books for New Readers (Ages 5 and 6)
- Best Friend, Worst Enemy Bully
- Why Fairytales Are Essential to Childhood
- 3 Parenting Strategies to Develop a Growth Mindset in Your Kids
Discover the Best Books for Your Kids
My favorite thing is matching kids with books they’ll love. I should have been a librarian! But this is the next best thing. I get to share with you all about the best books so you can help your child love to read. Here you’ll find good books, books that hook readers, no matter what interests they have.
- Books BY TOPIC
- BOARD BOOKS for babies and toddlers
- The latest PICTURE BOOK reviews
- The best EASY READERS
- Engaging EASIEST CHAPTER BOOKS
- The latest CHAPTER BOOKS (MIDDLE GRADE) reviews
- Best BOOKS FOR TEENS
If You’re Looking for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) Ideas . . .
Imagination Soup has more than just book ideas. You’ll also find content about STEM topics: science, technology (coding and apps), engineering, and math. To get started, you might click on these links:
Want a Good Parenting Book?
I’m actually not a big fan of parenting books. What with having two kids who are introverts, one who is neurodiverse, many of the advice in the books just don’t work for us. But, I do like a few …
- Parenting Books I Actually Like
- Parenting an Introvert (Is Harder Than I Thought)
- My Daughter’s Journey with Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)
If you’re looking for Reading and Writing Ideas, Start Here
I used to be a teacher. And, I taught writing workshop out of my home during the summer. Here are some of the ideas I’ve shared on Imagination Soup that you can do with your kids for fun, homeschool, or in regular school.
- Reading Ideas and Activities
- Reading Comprehension Activities and Info
- Sight Words – Games and Printables
- Writing – Writing Workshop, Prompts, Contests, and More!
If You’re Looking for Toys and Games, I Can Help!
Don’t you love it when you find open-ended toys that create learning opportunities!? Me, too. It’s always been a goal of mine. And if not that, I look for games that the entire family can enjoy no matter the kids ages. See for yourself…
- All Toy and Game Reviews
- Preschool Games
- Learning Games
- Family Game Night Games
- Math Games
- Storytelling Games
- Strategy and Logic Games
- Word Games
Again, welcome to Imagination Soup. I’m glad you’re here.
Download my "can't put 'em down" book lists for your kids ages 3 - 13.
Also, I'll send you a bonus "23 Reasons to Read" printable poster!