Looking for a good book bag? Well, look no further. After years of trial and error, I can tell you what the best book bags are and where to buy them. Because on a typical weekly visit to the library, we check out 30 books. So I need the best book bag that will hold all of our reading material!
Because books are heavy and we need a good, sturdy bag. So do you, I imagine.
(And don’t even get me started on our library card fines because we check out so many books!)
But as far as book bags go, I recommend that you buy a bag with 1) a flat bottom and 2) a pocket for your library card. I also recommend that you don’t get a light color – it just looks really dirty all the time. But it’s up to you – because you could always wash it. (*Note to self.)
1. Kate Space Tote Bag
This canvas book bag is darling and features an interior pocket.
2. Canvas tote book bag with a front pocket.
Canvas makes this bag a great option for heavy books, just wash it frequently.
3. Durable polypropylene zip-top book tote with reinforced handles.
I think the material in this book bag is great for parents with young kids.
4. Microfiber book bag with zipper closure and adjustable handles.
I love the little pocket on the outside of this tote.
5. Polyester with large front pocket and adjustable handles.
A cute and functional choice for all your books.
6. Fully lined interior, side pocket, exterior zippered pocket.
This comes in a lot of patterns – so if you don’t like this floral pattern, you can find a pattern you do like.
7. Banned Book Bag
From Out of Print (my favorite), celebrates the best of banned books!
8. Deluxe multi-pocket with the zippered main compartment.
Sturdy and cute. I love these colors, don’t you?
9. Polyester deluxe with three front pockets and main zippered compartment.
This may be the perfect choice — it has a flat bottom, pockets, and isn’t in a light color. LOVE it!
Books for 8-year olds
Books for 9-year olds
Books for 10-year olds
Books for 11-year olds
Books for 12-year olds