If you’re interested in writing for Imagination Soup, here are the guest posting guidelines.
Imagination Soup shares book recommendations and literacy information with parents, teachers, librarians, and grandparents.
We believe that all kids can be readers, they just need to find the right book. So we share reviews and recommendations of great books for children of all ages.
We believe that representation matters including but not limited to physical, neurological, mental, cultural, linguistic, and ethnic.
Our goal is to provide resources and ideas to make our readers’ lives easier — for them to find the next right book, activity, and/or information to support the growing readers and writers in their lives.
Imagination Soup gets between 250,000- 300,000 page views a month with 33,000 subscribers, 1.4 million Pinterest followers, 33,000 Facebook fans, 4,200 Instagram followers, and 30,000 Twitter followers.
If you’re interested in writing for Imagination Soup, please keep in mind:
- AUDIENCE: parents, teachers, librarians, and grandparents
(You can choose to write for only one audience from this list but be sure you know what it is and the readers do as well.)
- PURPOSE: to provide literacy resources and ideas
Note: Please keep this purpose in mind when writing a personal essay. Be sure that the audience will have a takeaway or new insight after reading the essay. If it doesn’t, it probably isn’t a good fit.
Guest Post Topic Categories:
- Book List
A list of recommended books with short descriptions/reviews for each book. You can include your own book(s)!
- Reading Advice or Activity
- Book Activity
- Writing Advice or Activity
- Personal Essay***NEEDS APPROVAL
(The essay must have a narrative arc and at least one takeaway that appeals to my audience.)
- Parenting Wisdom
- Readers love numbered lists. (5 tips, 10 books, etc.)
- Blog writing is different than newspaper or magazine writing — my experience is that it needs to be punchier with shorter paragraphs in which there are a variety of sentence lengths including SHORT sentences. This makes it easier to read and yes, easier to skim.
- Headers and subheaders help organize the information and are recommended.
- Please only insert one space after a period.
- Please email me with your ideas if we haven’t already spoken to make sure we’re on the same page.
melissatayloronline @ gmail.com
- Word count: 250 – 500+
- Author bio: 2-3 sentences plus a headshot plus any links to your website and social media channels.
- Images: any book covers, at least 1 horizontal image, and 1 vertical image. Please include them in a separate folder (indicate in your draft where you want them). JPGs are preferred.
- Email or Google Drive Folder: Please share everything with me in an email or a Google Drive folder using the melissatayloronline @ gmail.com email address.
- When you write for Imagination Soup, you also agree to SHARE your post on social media. I will create the images for you if you need.
Thank you so much for your interest!