This weekend, you can sneak in a little reading and rhyming with this free, printable Halloween Treasure Hunt. Help younger kids with the reading and rhyming or modify the clues.
Make Your Own Treasure Hunt
1. Write out the answers, in other words, where your kids will find each clue.
2. Go to Rhyme Zone and enter each answer to find rhyming words for it.
3. Write a 2 sentence clue like this:
Sentence 1: Rhyming word ends the sentence.
Sentence 2: Answer ends the sentence but answer is left blank.
Halloween night is filled with gloom.
Here comes a witch, on her ______.
answer: broom (– the clue is hidden by the broom.)
5. Add in clip art using Microsoft Office’s free choices.
6. Print out and hide the clues.
7. Have fun!
A pumpkin to carve (20 ideas on Red Ted Art)
Gourds to decorate (ideas on Cheryl Style)
Halloween popcorn (recipe on A Spicy Perspective)
Skeleton Paper Dolls (printable on uCreate)
Halloween Mad Libs (printable on Are We There Yet?)