YouTube Kids wants kids to take a 30 day reading challenge this summer. Although it may seem counterintuitive, (because reading and videos?) YouTube is showcasing reading-related videos to encourage summer reading.
Use the YouTube Kids app to easily find reading related videos like these:
- Simon Kids’ #readalong Playlist or the Simon Kids channel – This new channel for all ages has informational videos with text matching the narration.
- Brightly I’m a Ballerina – I love this sweet picture book from Penguin Random House. You’ll follow along with the story as it’s read aloud. (preschool age)
- SpacePOP Playlist – This is Genius Brands’ new channel that promotes the SpacePop comics.
- Freckles Reading is Magic – These are stop-motion and catchy reading songs for kids. (preschool)
- Wicked the Musical – Of all the Broadway musicals, we love this one the best. Sing and read along to the words of the Wicked song track. (school age)
- Cool School Rapunzel – Listen and read along with this popular fairy tale from Miss Booksy.
- KidzBOP Roar – Sing and read the lyrics of this popular song brought to life using kinetic typography. (school age)
- Mother Goose Club Playlist – This is a fun way to learn popular nursery rhymes in a #readalong format. (preschool)
Reading 20 minutes each day can be creative an interesting. Try these fun suggestions from YouTube Kids!
*YouTube provided me with these summer reading channel suggestions and has previously sent me care packages.
Download my "Can't Put 'Em Down" book lists for your kids ages 3 - 13.
Also, I'll send you a bonus "23 Reasons to Read" printable poster!