Yesterday, Gwyn guest wrote about her son’s game invention so I figured today would be the perfect time to tell you about The Young Inventor Challenge at The Chicago Toy & Game Fair (ChiTAG,) Saturday, November 19, 2011.
Who can enter?
The challenge is open to boys and girls ages 6 – 18.
What do you do?
Gina Manola sent me these helpful images to help kids think through the steps of the inventing process.
3. Prototype and 4. Playtest
How do you win?
It’s judged by popular vote by the Fair’s attendees and representatives of Hasbro, Mattel, Fundex, Lund and Co. will also be looking over the entries. (*P.S. Boy Scouts participating in the Challenge can qualify for an Entrepreneur Merit Badge.)
Does it cost to enter?
No! Actually, you get free admission for your immediate family to The ChiTAG.
What do you win?
- Dinner with Mike Hirtle, Head of Global Product Acquisition and Inventor Relations for Hasbro.
- A feature in Inventor’s Digest.
- A 1-year subscription to Inventor’s Digest.
- VIP tour of Lund and Company Invention LLC.
Keep On Reading . . .
Download my "Can't Put 'Em Down" book lists for your kids ages 3 - 13.
Also, I'll send you a bonus "23 Reasons to Read" printable poster!