Are you looking for gifts for kids who like to write or to inspire them to write? Sometimes all it takes for kids (and me) to want to write is a brand new journal and a pen that is awesome. Have you ever noticed that, too?
1. My ABC Keepsake Book (age 3+)
I think the My ABC Book Keepsake is so cute — it’s filled with eye-catching stickers, punch-out’s and artwork. Create an activity for “A,” a birthday bash for “B” and a celebration for “C!”
2. Curbside Trash and Recycle Pencil Organizer (ages 4+)
Two adorable mini storage containers that stand over 5-Inch tall – love these!
3. Embossed Journal with Lock (ages 4 – 18)
Perfect for the teen writer, this is a handcrafted journal with 120 pages of linen parchment paper and a swivel lock. Okay, I wouldn’t mind this gift either.
4. Racecar Pens (ages 4 – 16)
Cool car pens in sport sleek designs. Who wouldn’t want to write with these?
5. School Accessories Eraser Puzzle Set (ages 4+)
If your kids love erasers like mine do, they’ll want these cute shoes, scissors, pencil sharpener, stapler, roll of tape, backpack and omamori. A great stocking stuffer gift for kids.
7. Metal Globe Pencil Sharpener (ages 4+)
This Maped Globe Canister Pencil Sharpener is not only educational, it’s a lot of fun to use. With a single hole, it is great for sharpening the points of regular lead or colored pencils with the twist of your hand. The sharpener base is easily removed to empty the pencil shavings.
8. Top Secret Lock & Key Diary (ages 4 – 16)
What young writer wouldn’t want to write or draw in this top secret locking notebook of 200 colorful lined pages?
9. Storymatic Kids! (age 5+)
360 cards = gazillions of stories (20 blanks included so you can invent your own prompts). This fun gift for kids comes with a booklet filled with prompts, improv and party games, and suggestions. We own it and love it!
10. Lighted Feathery Heart Pens (ages 4 – 16)
Write and the heart top lights up. Would this pen set inspire your young writers?
11. Art Journal Kit (ages 4 – 16)
What imaginative child wouldn’t want this inspiring art journal for all their creativity? My daughters love their art journal kits! This makes for a great gift for creative kids.
12. Illustory Create Your Own Book (ages 8 – 12)
Illustrate the 18 ready-to-use book pages with the provided pencil and artist eraser, outline pen, and markers. Mail in a postage-paid envelope and a few weeks later, you’ll receive your professionally printed book!
13. Snatch It! (ages 8+)
A fast-paced, word-stealing game for 2 or more players. When you see a word, shout it out and grab it! Any player can snatch your word at any time simply by adding a letter. Fun gift idea!
13. WAFF Book, Large (4 – 15 years)
I think this 200 lined pages silicone 2 removable clips is too cute, and is available in black, blue, red, green, purple and orange.
More Writing Gift Ideas
1. Toothbrush Eraser Set (ages 4+)
Doesn’t this eraser gift set look adorable? 4 toothbrush sets and 2 toothpaste tubes!
2. Lulu Jr. Illustory (ages 6 – 12)
Write and illustrate an original story that will be printed as a full-color, hardcover, professionally typesetin a 7″ x 9″ hardcover book. Includes ready-to-use book pages, 10 washable markers, online creation tools, a postage-paid envelope and instructions.
3. WAFF Notebook and Cubes (4 – 15 years)
Play with the silicone clips which are removable and can be placed anywhere on this bright notebook your kids will love to write in.
4. Pocket Pals Mini Journals (ages 4 – 16)
Set of 5 pocket journals with brightly colored covers and lined pages. The perfect gift for your kids who like to write on the go.
5. Yummy Scented Glitter Gel Pens (ages 4 – 16)
My kids LOVE to write with these yummy smelling and ssparkly colorful set of 12 pens. These last forever, too!
7. The Amazing Story Generator (ages 6+)
This flipbook for writers and other creative types allows users to randomly combine three different elements to generate a unique story idea. With hundreds of settings, characters, and plots to mix and match, the possibilities are just about endless. Packed with colorful, wacky, and engaging prompts, this is the perfect tool for jump-starting fresh new short stories, novels, scripts, screenplays, and improv sessions. Full review of The Amazing Story Generator here.
STOCKING STUFFERS: Stocking Stuffers for Kids Ages 3 – 13
Gift Guides by Age
- Best Gifts for 7 Year Old Boys
- Best Gifts for 7 Year Old Girls
- Best Gifts for 8 Year Old Boys
- Best Gifts for 8 Year Old Girls
- Best Gifts for 9 Year Old Boys
- Best Gifts for 9 Year Old Girls
- Best Gifts for 10 Year Old Boys
- Best Gifts for 10 Year Old Girls
- Best Gifts for 11 Year Old Boys
- Best Gifts for 11 Year Old Girls
- Best Gifts for 12 Year Old Boys
- Best Gifts for 12 Year Old Girls
Download my "Can't Put 'Em Down" book lists for your kids ages 3 - 13.
Also, I'll send you a bonus "23 Reasons to Read" printable poster!