If you are a 2nd – 5th grade student or classroom, love the Pigeon books by Mo Willems, and like to build with LEGOs, then you are going to love this totally cool contest.
You could WIN a 2-foot LEGO brick Pigeon from LEGO® Education by retelling any Pigeon story with bricks!
The LEGO Pigeon Builds a Story Contest
The LEGO Pigeon Builds a Story is a creative storytelling contest for kids. Retell a Mo Willems’ Pigeon story or retell a Pigeon story with a new ending.
Kids must use LEGO bricks of their own or from the LEGO Education StoryStarter.
Contest Step by Step:
1. Plan out your Pigeon story. Storyboard the scenes and words before you build. Download a storyboard template here.
2. Build each scene with your LEGOs, then photograph with an iPad or camera.
HINT: Photos look best if you put your LEGOs on a table with a plain background. Use a folder or sheet of paper taped onto your wall to make a plain background. (I used a plastic table cloth in the in some photos.)
3. Upload your photos to the computer or keep on your iPad.
4. Put the photos in order from beginning to end of the story. Use one of these programs: Word, PowerPoint, StoryVisualizer software, or video.
5. Add words (text) to the photos to tell what’s happening in the picture.
6. Save with your name and project title.
7. To submit, upload your project to the LEGO Education community with the hashtag #pigeon. (Entry must include a teacher or administrator as representative.)
8. The contest runs from February 3 to October 31, 2014. Fans on the LEGO community will vote for the winners.
The Grand Prize: A two-foot Pigeon build, a LEGO Education StoryStarter classroom set, signed copies of Willems’ latest Pigeon book and a congratulatory video from Mr. Willems.
Don’t you think this contest is awesome?
Do it — get your plan together and enter the contest!
*This post is sponsored by LEGO Education.
Download my "Can't Put 'Em Down" book lists for your kids ages 3 - 13.
Also, I'll send you a bonus "23 Reasons to Read" printable poster!