According to my mentor, Michael Hyatt, you have several choices: Feedly, News Blur, Old Reader, Reeder and Taptu. He recommends Feedly. It’s free and it’s similar to Google Reader. So, that’s what I’m going to suggest to you, too.
How to Switch Google Reader to Feedly
1. First go to Feedly.com. Click on “Get Feedly for Chrome”.
2. Click on “Connect to Google Reader”.
3. Voila! All the blogs you read are now in Feedly. (I have 212!)
4. Go go preferences on the right sidebar. to make changes in the appearance.
5. Adjust your preferences to your liking.
For more information on using Feedly, go to this Building Feedly article on the Feedly blog.
Oh, maybe when is Google reader going away?
July 1, 2013.
BUT. If you’re like me, and you don’t do things when you think about it (NOW) then you chance forgetting to do it until it’s too late. Switch now while it’s fresh in your mind.
Go to Feedly to get started.