Want some easy motivation to get your kids reading more? Read books that have been made into movies — first read the book, then watch the movie. (We know that books and movies both are rewarding but kids *may* think that the movie is the reward.)
Discussing the differences between the book and movie will happen naturally. You might inquire further with question like these:
- What did the movie change?
- What did the movie leave out or add?
- Which characters were true to the author’s description?
- Was the setting what you imagined? Why or why not?
- Are you glad you saw the movie or do you wish you had skipped it?
Books Made Into Movies For Kids Under 5
Books Made Into Movies For Kids Ages 4 – 8
Books Made Into Movies For Kids Ages 8 – 12
Books Made Into Movies For Kids Ages 13+
You Might Also Like:
Download my "Can't Put 'Em Down" book lists for your kids ages 3 - 13.
Also, I'll send you a bonus "23 Reasons to Read" printable poster!