Find us on Facebook
Book Love On Sale Now
Yes, you do need a microscope at home. Because the benefits are learning and discovery.
1. Encourages discovery.
2. Teaches kids about scientific hypothesis.
3. Hones observational skills.
4. Develops a love of the natural world.
5. Helps with a child’s love of science.
6. It’s FUN!
7. It’s real – it’s the world.
8. It’s hands-on and engages a child’s senses and all different learning styles – auditory, visual, and kinesthetic. (Auditory if you’re discussing.)
Thanks to Educational Insights blogger program, we have been using Educational Insight’s MicroPro Microscope. Not only do we investigate the included pre-made slides, but we make our own slides (materials included to make slides) and investigate other things, too — like the leaf. Somethings, like rocks, my kids learned, cannot be seen.
And here in lies the learning.
Good question. Let’s figure it out.
You can download the microscope project guide here for suggested activities.
How shall we do this contest? Well, I’ll give you a few ways to enter – do them all or pick which one you want to do to be entered to win. Winners will be selected at random, like always. (I use random.org.)
Imagination Soup’s official sweepstake rules. Deadline for entering is October 31, 2011, 11:59 EST. No purchase necessary. By entering this sweepstakes, you are agreeing to Imagination Soup’s official rules. Open to individuals in U.S. and Canada only, 18 years of age or older, void where prohibited.